I live in L.A. now and this town is really getting to me. There are a lot of fake people, inside and out. I'm not used to all the drama that goes on here. I'm not used to people not meaning what they say, or people having a hidden agenda when they get all buddy buddy with you. L.A. is definitely not all bad, but today especially, I've been feeling disheartened by it.
So what do you do when you're down in the dumps and you wanna snap out of it quick like? Watch "Designing Women" of course! Don't act like you've never used it as a remedy (especially if "Golden Girls" isn't on at the time). I just watched this episode that I've seen a hundred and one times, but something Julia said really, really struck me and is helping me right now. I thought I'd make this site even gayer by sharing it with you guys:-)
(The part I'm referring to starts at the 3:20 mark (counting backwards) and goes for about a minute. Get it Julia!)
If you're not able to see the vid cause of a slow connection speed or any other reason, Julia says the following:
"In the end it doesn't matter what anybody else thinks about you. People are gonna forget you about 10 minutes after you die anyway. The point is you have to be exactly who and what you want to be. Most everybody's coasting along on phony public relations. People who say being beautiful or rich or thin makes them happy, people who are trying to make their marriages or their children seem better than they actually are. And for what? Appearances. Appearances don't count for diddly. When its all said and done, all that counts is what was true and truly felt and how we treated one another...and that's it.
Amen, sister. Amen. I just gotta keep thinking that each day, to keep me grounded and sane in this crazy ass town:-)
Oh, and the following scene is my favorite scene from the entire series...because of this scene, I'm making Julia an honorary lesbian right this second. I crown thee *gay*, Julia Sugarbaker!
If you love where you live, let me know. Why do you love it? What's it like there? Should I pack my bags and move there? ;-) Honestly if I could move anywhere right now, I think it would be Brussels or London. yep...
No comments:
Post a Comment