I've been gay for a good while now...and over the years have seen the good, the bad, and the ugly, when it comes to lesbian film. Grab your girl (or if you're alone, grab your boobs), pop some popcorn, and get started!
After the Top 10, keep reading for the rest of my list!!
(click on any of the titles and/or cover pictures to go to a site to purchase)
1. Boys Don't Cry

Hilary Swank's performance in this changed my life and will probably change yours. Period.
2. When Night is Falling
Beautifully filmed, sensual and subtle performances by the lead actresses. Accents, hot chicks, hot sex scenes, and a well-written story. This is one of the few lesbian movies that got it *right*.
3. Gia
Angelina Jolie went to hell and back while filming this movie, and it shows. One of the best performances by any actor in any movie that I've ever seen. In my opinion, only Hillary Swank in my #1 pick has done a better job in a mostly lesbian-themed movie.
4. Lost & Delirious

Piper Perabo playing "butch" right after "Coyote Ugly" came out? Very brave...very hot...and most importantly, very well-acted! And Jessica Pare' reminds me of Liv Tyler in all her "Empire Records" glory.
5. Kissing Jessica Stein

This one wins my favorite *writing in a lezzy movie* award. It's so smart, and honest and real...funny...I could watch it once a week for the rest of my life.
6. But I'm a Cheerleader

Clea Duvall. That black button-up shirt. That amazing love scene that came out of nowhere. Clea Duvall. 'Nuff said.
7. Fingersmith
Some days I put this at No. 1 simply because of the hotness that is the British lesbian. Look at that video again. I've seen the movie about 5 times, and I'm still a little breathless when I watch that. Seriously. What?? *whew*
8. Aimee & Jaguar

Beautiful and heartbreaking. And you get to bone up on your reading all at the same time. Educational and fun. Just like boobs.
9. The Incredibly True Adventures of Two Girls in Love
Aw...Laurel as a baby dyke. Seriously could not be more adorable. When the movie is good, it's REALLY good.
10. Loving Annabelle

This one's a new addition to my list since it came out just last year. But it's good times. Definitely worth a view or two.
Once you've gone through this list, here are some more favorites to get you through many girl's nights in:-) You can buy most of these titles at Wolfe Video, or rent them at Blockbuster, Netflix, Hollywood video, or your local place...
Foxfire, Better Than Chocolate, It's in the Water, Imagine Me & You, Saving Face, Therese & Isabelle, Floored by Love, If Walls Could Talk 2, D.E.B.S., Tipping the Velvet, Bound, High Art, The Truth About Jane, Fire, Show Me Love, All Over Me, Go Fish, The Sex Monster, Wild Things, Claire of the Moon, Sister My Sister, Chasing Amy.
No comments:
Post a Comment