
People of Australia...prepare to fall out of your seats: I saw Missy do an in-store in Los Angeles Friday night where about 100 people were in attendance. It was at a bookstore that sells cds called Borders, and she just walked right on in past everyone like she was your local librarian. Everyone else, to put into perspective why the Aussies might have a little bit of a fit when they hear that, imagine you heard that Sarah Mclachlan or Sheryl Crow played for 100 people at a bookstore in Sydney. Wouldn't happen, right? Right.
I'm no Perez Hilton and I'm not in the business of outing celebs just for the sake of outing them. But I certainly hope the rumors are true and this chick's at least bi cause I have a mad crush on her. Whether or not she likes to snog ladies or gents, or both, or neither, is really irrelevant. The music is what's most important here. She has an amazing soulful sound, some pretty inspired lyrics and is the one of the friendliest in-store-rs I've ever seen.
All that said tho, I still have my theories, mostly based on songs like this one, whose lyrics include:
"and this rumor down said if you dont mind?
im going to leave you here till night time
and we can do what we want out of spotlight
im your secret.... aren't i babe
yeah im your secret aren't i babe"
"Secret"
(from her Hotel Cafe show in L.A. Oct 17th)
I know this might sound crazy, but at the in-store, her style/delivery reminded me of a mixture between Johnathan Rice and Something Corporate's Andrew McMahon on a few of her songs! Like in this one:
"The Special Two"
Um...even more telling lyrics in that one too...tres interesting. Missy, if you're single, I'd love to take you out on a date and show you the wonderful world of lesbianism. No seriously, I can turn any movie date and any trip to Red Lobster into a seriously gay(er) affair. Let's get some chedda biscuits together and talk about it. Despite what this post and the rest of my blog might indicate, I can be discreet;-)
Call me!
No comments:
Post a Comment